What will you experience in this opportunity?
- Working with high profile international brands.
- Working with the latest technology stack.
- Being part of an excellent and talented team enabling you to reach your ambitions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Technical Leadership positions
- Extensive data engineering development experience (e.g. ETL), using well known stacks (e.g. Python, Java, Scala Spark)
- Solid python and Java/Kotlin coding skills, willingness to write clean and production-ready code
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse, REST API, data and model storage formats
- Experience of Messaging, Microservice Architecture, Caching, Containerisation, Performance, and Load testing
- The ability to write technical documentation
- Knowledge of global data privacy requirements and cryptography
- Strong SQL skills - able to extract, manipulate, transform and analyse large volumes of data with a high level of accuracy
- Experience with stream data associated with apps, video streams, web etc.
- Have solid experience with ML pipelines orchestration frameworks like Airflow
- 2+ years of AWS cloud experience
- Experience with kafka, kinesis, spark, redshift
- Excellent attention to detail - you value getting things right
- Great communication skills and confident working with stakeholders across the business including management
- Able to work independently and keep stakeholders actively engaged over the course of a project
- Team player: you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you are happy either driving your own project or supporting team members with theirs
- Ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, consider whether it could be done a better way
- Can-do attitude: Go Instore is a fast-paced environment and sometimes stressful, you need to be resilient and calm under pressure, and willing to put in long hours when required to meet a deadline
- Researching and advising on data architectural tools and technologies
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and other aspects of Data Pipelines and the data architecture.
- Periodically evaluate architectural landscape for efficiencies in our Data Pipelines and define current state, target state architecture and transition plans, road maps to achieve desired architectural state.
- Conducts/leads and implements proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision and guiding principles
- Take ownership of data governance including data retention and encryption management.
- Assist in the ideation and execution of architectural principles, guidelines and technology standards that can be leveraged across the team and organization. Specially around ETL & Data Pipelines.
- Promote consistency between all applications leveraging enterprise automation capabilities
- Provide architectural consultation, support, mentoring, and guidance to project teams
Go Instore is a world leading SAAS platform that provides video selling services to the biggest names in retail globally.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will be a seasoned data engineer who is great at solving problems and can think through all the implications of decisions to form appropriate recommendations. Working closely with the CTO and VP of Product you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining key parts of the data architecture. You will also be involved in R&D data projects which look to deliver value to the business in the future.
Our culture is critical to us, and even more so as we grow. There are 4 key elements that we live daily, namely: “Supportive”, “Connected”, “Impact”, all underpinned by “Trust”. The right candidate will enjoy working in this type of environment which is devoid of bureaucracy, politics, and silos.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Flexible holiday policy
- Enhanced pension contribution at 5%
- Private Health Insurance
- Wellbeing platform Spill
- Learning & development
- 1 Extra days holiday for each full year worked